Sir Ian McKellen Taken 1st May 2014 Copyright Rory Lewis Photographer
“Rory Lewis Photographers Portrait of Sir Ian McKellen, rejected by the Taylor Wessing Portrait Prize has been chosen from 1000’s of rejected submissions to feature in this years Portrait Salon Exhibition.”
‘In 2011 photographers Carole Evans and James O Jenkins created Portrait Salon to show the best of the rejected images from the National Portrait Gallery’s annual Taylor Wessing Portrait Prize.’ Portrait Salon is now in it’s fourth year. For the first time, will be exhibiting prints which have been submitted to and rejected by the Taylor Wessing NPG Photographic Portrait Prize, in an exhibition which will tour the UK.”
Portrait Salon 2014
The print exhibition will open at Four Corners, London and then tour to the following locations;
- 6th November – 11th November; Four Corners, London.
- 4th December – 3rd January 2015; Fuse Art Space, Bradford.
- 9th January – 9th February; Oriel Colwyn Gallery, North Wales.
- 19th February – 16th April; Napier University, Edinburgh.
- 6th July – 31st July: Parkside Gallery, Birmingham City University.